2005-04-23

Genius at Work - 天才在工作

[00:02.1]Genius at Work - 天才在工作
[00:09.9]Henry Ford didn’t always pay attention in school.
[00:13.6]亨利.福特在学校里常常心不在焉。
[00:14.0]One day ,he and a friend took a watch apart.
[00:16.8]有一天,他和一个小朋友把一块手表拆开了。
[00:17.3]Angry and upset, the teacher told him both to stay after school.
[00:21.6]老师很生气,让他们放学后留下来,
[00:22.4]Their punishment was to stay until they had fixed the watch.
[00:25.8]把表修好才能回家。
[00:26.8]But the teacher did not know young Ford’s genius.
[00:29.8]当时这位老师并不知道小福特的天才。
[00:30.5]In ten minutes, this mechanical wizard had repaired the watch and was on this way home..
[00:38.0]只用了十分钟,这位机械奇才就把手表修好,走在回家的路上了。
[00:41.3]Ford was always interested in how things worked.
[00:44.3]福特对各种东西的工作原理总是很感兴趣。
[00:45.1]He once plugged up the spout of a teapot and placed it on the fire.
[00:50.3]曾有一次,他把茶壶嘴用东西堵住,然后把茶壶放在火炉上。
[00:50.9]Then he waited to see what would happen.
[00:53.3]他便站在一边等候着会出现什么情况。
[00:53.9]The water boiled and, of course, turned to steam.
[00:57.0]当然,水开后变成了水蒸气。
[00:57.7]Since the steam had no way to escape, the teapot exploded.
[01:02.6]因为水蒸气无处逸出,茶壶便爆炸了,
[01:03.4]The explosion cracked a mirror and broke a window.
[01:06.5]因而打碎了一面镜子和一扇窗户。
[01:07.2]The young inventor was badly scalded
[01:09.5]这个小发明家也被严重地烫伤了。
[01:15.6]Ford’s year of curiosity and tinkering paid off.
[01:18.7]多年后,福特的好奇心和他的动手能力使他得到了回报。
[01:19.9]He dreamed of a horseless carriage.
[01:22.0]他曾经梦想着去制造一辆无马行进的车。
[01:23.0]When he built one, the world of transportation was changed forever.
[01:27.1]他造成了一辆这样的车后,运输界发生了永久性的变化。

Friends - 朋友

[00:02.3]Friends
[00:04.6]朋友

[00:13.5]A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand
[00:15.5]and touches your heart.
[00:18.5]真正的朋友是一个可以援手帮助并感动你心扉的人。

[00:24.2]There's always going to be people that hurt you,
[00:27.2]别人常常伤害你,

[00:27.8]so what you have to do is keep on trusting
[00:29.8]所以你该继续付出信任,
[00:30.8]and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.
[00:36.8] 并小心挑选你下次信任的人。

[00:41.3]Make youself a better person
[00:44.3]and know who you are before you try and know someone else
[00:48.3]and expect them to know you.
[00:51.6]在你想了解别人也想让别人了解你之前,先完善并了解自己。

[00:55.1]Remember:Whatever happens,happens for a reason.
[01:00.7]要记住:任何事情的发生都有因有起。

[01:05.2]How many people actually have 8 true friends?
[01:07.8]有多少人可以拥有八个真正的朋友?
[01:08.2]Hardly anyone I know.
[01:09.2]就我所知少之又少。
[01:09.3]But some of us have all right friends and good friends.
[01:15.3]但我们会有泛泛之交和好友。

2005-04-08

Love - 爱情

Love 爱情

I love you not because of who you are,
我爱你,不是因为你是一个怎样的人,
but because of who I am when I am with you.
而是因为我喜欢与你在一起时的感觉。

No man or woman is worth your tears,
没有人值得你流泪,
and the one who is ,won't make you cry.
值得让你这么做的人不会让你哭泣。

The worst way to miss someone is
to be sitting right beside them
knowing you can't have them.
失去某人,最糟糕的莫过于,他近在身旁,却犹如远在天边。

Never frown,even when you are sad,
纵然伤心,也不要悉眉不展,
because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.
因为你不知是谁会爱上你的笑容。

To the world you may be one person,
对于世界而言,你是一个人;
but to one person you may be the world.
但是对于某人,你是他的整个世界。

Don't waste your time on a man/woman,
who isn't willing to waste their time on you.
不要为那些不愿在你身上花费时间的人而浪费你的时间。

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to,
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式爱你,
doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。

Don't try to hard,the best things come when you least expect them to.
不要着急,最好的总会在最不经意的时候出现。

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one,
在遇到梦中人之前,上天也许会安排我们先遇到别人;
so that when we finally meet the person,we will know how to be grateful.
在我们终于遇见心仪的人时,便应当心存感激。

Don't cry because it is over,smile because it happened.
不要因为结束而哭泣,微笑吧,为你的曾经拥有。

Life is a pure flame,and we live by an invisible sun within us.
“生命是束纯净的火焰,我们依靠自己内心看不见的太阳而存在。”
-------Sir Thomas Browne
--------托马斯。布朗爵士
from <<世界上最美丽的英文-人生短篇>>